You and I each live in our own world—they’re like bubbles. The intriguing thing is that each of our bubbles is unique. I like my bubble, but I want to know what’s going on in the world outside of it. Not the world of news stories and Wikipedia, but the one you and I share. This blog is an opportunity for each of us to step outside of our own world for a minute and confabulate. Every time we do, we make our own world and someone else’s wider and more interesting.
I live with my husband and four of our five children in the same bubble. We laugh a lot. This bubble has endured our boisterous family without bursting, although as the last of the children head into adolescence, it’s a little more crammed.
My bubble has grown since I began confabulating with others here on this blog. I’ve met many people and peeked into countless fascinating bubbles. And each has been a different world. But the differences have only served to illuminate the similarities.
As my bubble continues to grow so does my love for writing. Interesting how that works.
- My four major food groups are Cheez-its, dark chocolate, red wine, and mochas.
- If I was coordinated, I’d be a drummer.
- Matt Smith is my favorite doctor.
- I’m inordinately proud of my Michigan heritage.
- I’m exactly 5′ tall (short?). My husband is 6’2. That’s not the reason I wear high shoes.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have a minute, tell me about yourself in the comments, or go to the About You page.