The SCBWI Wild, Wild Mid-West Conference
Calling all writers of children’s books. Plans are underway for this incredible, colossal, unforgettable event!!!!!! This year’s theme is The Roaring Twenties. It’s going to be the bees knees, baby!!!!! Mark your calendars and let’s get going!!!!
Program & Faculty:
- 40 faculty members!
- 8 different intensives —(three hour in-depth sessions on Friday afternoon)!
- Newcomers to the Industry Session for Beginners
- 35-40 different sessions — Picture Books, Novels, Nonfiction, All-Genres, Business, Illustration, and Publishing Independently
- First Pages Panels and First Looks Panels
- Art Show— winner receives an onsite face-to-face portfolio review by the two art directors from the conference
- Written critiques and onsite portfolio reviews
- Manuscript contest (with four categories)—Prize being a full manuscript submission
- Book signing party
Registration opens February 1
Early bird- February 1-March 24 $295
Regular-March 25 $310
Member only add-ons, if selected, are: manuscript critiques ($45), manuscript contest ($12), 3 hour intensives ($40), portfolio reviews ($45)
Registration opens Februaru 8
Early bird- February 1-March 24 $335
Regular-March 25 $350
Become a member
Bookstore: Sponsored by Andersons Books. Registered attendees who are either traditionally or independently published will be able to sell one title. Faculty’s books will be available, too.
Plus! a costume party with a prize for best costume!
Can you tell I’m excited?