Monday, August 3 Week
1. How I did on last week’s goals– I didn’t participate last week. I was immersed in the world of Twitter. I received a few passes on my query, so I revised it and sent out a few of the revised versions.
2. My goal(s) for this week–
- More waiting. Waiting is good. It builds character. At least that’s what I tell myself.
- Even though I was excited about some new projects, I decided to go back to another WIP that I’d put aside. It’s a 150K word behemoth. I’ve been moodling on how to break it into two novels and I’ve got some ideas. I’d like to divide and conquer it this week.
- Get comfortable with the Twitter thing.
3. A one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised-
Oliver knew the precise moment she penetrated him, made her way into his blood. He could lie in bed and live it all over again. Sometimes he’d do it deliberately. Other times he’d try to ignore it, block it, crush it, but it would crash over him and, unable to stop it, he’d become lost in it.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)–Waiting for responses to the queries and the usual juggling life and writing.
5. Something I love about my WiP-Getting back into this WIP after a hiatus, and feeling good about breaking it up into two novels. Two of my favorite secondary characters will have their time in the spotlight now.
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Good luck to you on your goals!
If you’re wondering what Ready. Set. WRITE! is all about, it’s a summer long writing intensive with the purpose of writing, revising, planning, and keeping each other accountable. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, and Jaime Morrow. If you’d like more information or to participate in Ready. Set. WRITE click here.