If you’re wondering what Ready. Set. WRITE! is all about, it’s a summer long writing intensive with the purpose of writing, revising, planning, and keeping each other accountable. This year, your RSW hosts are Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, and Jaime Morrow. If you’d like more information or to participate in Ready. Set. WRITE click here.
Monday, July 21-Week 7
1. How I did on last week’s goals– I had a good week. I finished revising A VOICE AMONG THE THORNS, and ended up at 72K words which I’m very happy with. I also sent out ten queries. I’ve spent the past few months researching agents and I already have quite a list.
2. My goal(s) for this week–
- Wait for responses to the query. If they’re not positive, I’ll rewrite it. Of course it will take a few weeks to get any feedback.
- Begin a my new project which I’m really over-the-moon excited to jump into.
- Do everything I put off last week in order to write such as laundry, weeding, cleaning bathrooms. I reserve the right to put it off another week if I get really into writing the new WIP 😉
3. A one word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised- A good friend gave me an awesome idea for a novel. I’ve been moodling on it since Thursday and I’m ready to run with it.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week (ex. finding time to write)–Waiting for responses to the queries and the usual juggling life and writing.
5. Something I love about my WiP–Can’t wait to get started.
Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Good luck to you on your goals!