On Fridays, many bloggers post the “Friday Five”–a list of five from any subject they choose. Usually it’s the top five tweets of the week. I don’t tweet. So I thought I’d do the top five movies of all time.
Ha. Like I’m qualified to do that. OK, moving on. I thought I could share my five favorite movies in a post and you could share yours. That sounded good. While I was cooking dinner, I made a mental list of movies. I went over the list later (I have a terrible memory, and didn’t want to forget my list), but remembered movies I’d forgotten the first time around. The list increased exponentially. In fact, every time I went over my list, I’d think of more movies. Now I’m up to one hundred. Scratch the “MyFive Favorite Movies” post. Feel free to comment on yours though.
Here, finally, is the five I’ll be posting. Five funny quotes. One of my little quirks is that I love looking up funny quotes. They make me smile, or chuckle, or groan, but they’re always a good pick-me-up.
Five Funny Quotes:
1. A computer once beat me at chess. But it was no match for me at kick-boxing. Emo Philips. BTW-Who’s Emo Philips?
2. Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. Woody Allen
3. When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did, in his sleep–not screaming like the passengers in his car. Will Rogers
4. How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter? Woody Allen
5. Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. Mae West
Hope you got a chuckle. I’d love to hear others that have made you laugh.